Image Map

January 2, 2017

Winter Reading Challenge Freebie

Different years bring different groups of learners.
Let's just say this year my firsties need a little bit more practicing reading.

I feel consistency is one key to success so I wanted to find a way to encourage them to read over our two week winter break. I searched TpT and found a very cute challenge already created....a time saver during all of  the Christmas madness that ensued before the break! I knew it probably wasn't very motivating, especially during the exciting season we were in.

I knew I had to create a "reward" their hard work over the break so I may have bribed them by mentioning those who turned in the reading challenge when we returned would receive a prize!

What 7 year old during Christmas time isn't thinking prizes are the best thing ever...exactly!


The challenge was to fill up a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows. Each marshmallow was a different reading challenge for that particular day. If they brought it back filled up here is what they will get:


Time to make a S'more to go with their mug of hot chocolate!

You can find the Winter Reading Challenge HERE from More than a Worksheet.

AND

You can find my printable FREEBIE in my store HERE!

Winter Reading Challenge Printable


No comments:

Post a Comment