Image Map

August 8, 2016

Back to School With Books // What to Read Week 1

The first 2 weeks of school are probably some of the most important days of the entire school year. 
They are days when you create a positive environment.
They are days when you form a class family.
They are days when you teach the rules and procedures.
They are days when you set the foundation for the year.

Many of the things I mentioned above are taught with books.
I wanted to share with you the lessons and ideas I use along with the books I use in the first 2 weeks.

Let's start off with a few of the books I use week 1.
We also read a few math related books the first week. 
Next up are books I use to teach rules and appropriate behaviors.

The kids LOVE David so much that I incorporate this mini unit into the week.
David helps me to teach rules!

{Click on the picture to find it in my store}

There are several crafts we do together, a whole group lesson on rules, a class book, poem and a writing response. They love it because it's all based off of their favorite character!


Week 2 is all about fariytales. Here are the ones I select to discuss.

I honestly hopes this bring life to some ideas for your first week.
I would love to answer any questions you have about activities or read alouds!
Happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment