Image Map

August 12, 2014

Meet ME, The Teacher!


Howdy friends!
I'm a 27 year old wife, blogger, follower of Christ and lover of all sweet things.
This is my 4th year teaching 1st grade teacher in the state of Texas (hence above).
I absolutely adore my firsties and can't imagine teaching any other grade. 

I've been married to this awesome guy for 4 years.
We met in high school but didn't get married until I was in college.

We love traveling and wish we could do it more often.

We have one fur baby, Mac, who is spoiled beyond belief.
Fact: he gets fed chicken...yes, we cook him chicken...nightly.


These are a Few of My Favorite Things
1. Zumba
2. G2 Gel Pens
3. Sweet Potatoes
4. OPI Nail Polish
5. Saved by the Bell
6. Kittens 
7. Dessert
8. Workout clothes
9. Yogurt
10. Cruises

If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?
I honestly can't see myself being anything else.
But if I had to choose, it would be a stay at home mommy and wife.

3 Little Words that Describe You
SUPER organized. Quiet. Committed. 
Finish this sentence...
"______ said no teacher ever!"
"I love living in Texas and having recess duty the first week of school..."

Q: It's your birthday and you could invite whoever you want to the party {dead or alive}. Who are you inviting?
My grannie.
I would love to hear ask me if I just got my hair done and lost any weight.
{Her famous questions.}
Q: If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
This is hard. I don't read unless my arm is twisted so coming up with a title is difficult!
 Fitness and a Faith Driven Heart

Q: You get to pick one superpower. What is it?
It may not be a super power but I wish I could take a trip to heaven to visit my grandma.

Q: What's your favorite quote or saying?
Growing up, each morning we would sit down with my mom before school and have our family time. This verse below was our family verse and I cherish every word in it. 



Q: If you had to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?
I grew up in the 90's when Britney Spears was on her rise.
She rubbed off on me (music wise) a little so I'd have to belt out...
"Hit Me Baby One More Time".

Q: Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I would much rather wake up at 5 am than stay up late.
Let's face it...I'm pooped at the end of a work day!

Q: What's your favorite resource you've created in your TpT store?
I use anchor charts in my class like they are going out of style. 

I decided to make printable ones to help teach grammar skills and for a point of reference that never changes for my kiddos.


Share something we might not know about you.
Random:
I have to have my nails painted.
I bought an at home gel nail kit and do them all by myself!
I impress my self each time because they actually do look super professional.


Be sure to link up with Falling into First with your teacher blogger info. and head over to find more awesome teacher bloggers!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Found you via the linky :)

    I wish I could paint my own nails without it looking like a little kid did it haha! I do fine on my left hand (because I'm right handed) but my right hand always looks yucky. I wish I was more talented so I didn't spend so much money at the nail salon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies should try Jamberry Nails.. they are nail wraps that last up to 2 weeks on fingernails with no chipping or dry time. There are over 300 designs. http://abond.jamberrynails.net/shop

    I can't imagine how hot it is during recess for the first week of school. Love your anchor charts!

    Allie
    The Positive Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely a morning person too! It's so much easier for me to get up early than to stay up past, oh, 9:00. Teaching wears me out (in a good way)!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun reading all of these little tidbits about you!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got my cheque for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can get by taking paid surveys online...

    So I took a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for taking paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete