Image Map

August 14, 2012

DIY Lesson Plan Book

I'm sure most of you would agree with me on this: Pinterest has made this summer SO much "craftier" than last! I just love some of the home projects as well as school projects I accomplished and I wanted to share one of my favorite items I made with you.

I don't know about ya'll, but since last year was my first year teaching, I wasn't exactly sure how to tackle lesson planning.  I decided the easiest way for me was to type up and print out my plan for each day and stick it in a binder.  Yes, it was easy to follow and kept me on schedule each day...{but} this year I really don't feel like wasting the paper AND the ink (oh, the ink---that I have to purchase).  So, I headed over to where else...no other than Pinterest and found what I thought was a FaBuLoUs idea from The Wise and Witty Teacher.

She came up with the idea of creating her own lesson plan book from a spiral and post-it notes. Here's what my final product looks like!

 

I have it broken up into 3 subjects: pink is for language arts/grammar, blue is for math, and green is for other (mainly science/social studies). The small post-its at the top are special reminders that I may need to quickly refer to: hot pink is our reading story for the week, blue is for our math topic for the week, orange is for our weekly spelling pattern, and yellow is for any important events I need to remember (assembly, parent reader, party, etc.). I haven't exactly decided what to do with the small purple strips yet...maybe denote the skills covered in those topics that week?? Suggestions?


Oh. my. word! I am SO excited to start writing down my plans.  I can't wait to see how much this helps me out this year and next year.  I LOVE the fact that there are no dates on the plans so that the post-its can easily be moved from one space to the next! No more re-writing/typing plans for me!

In case you didn't catch it earlier, here are the step by step instructions that I followed from The Wise and Witty Teacher. Props to her for coming up with this brilliant idea!



How do you organize your lesson plans? I would love to hear all about it : )


No comments:

Post a Comment